Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Playing around!

RSS
What a frustration! Attempt to understand the concept of RSS, finally I think I’m getting it. Sounds interesting for me being able to get selected and update stuff from a number of favourite’s website, without much effect. But unfortunately it doesn't work for me yet, as I have not time to play online around much, but for sure RSS must be very useful as I found the abbreviation and symbol practically in every website.

Image generators
Well play with images is fun, fun ,fun, maybe because I am more visual. It is for me a better way of communication. Images can be more powerful than thousand of words. In a library frame
ephemeral material is much more attractive whith this technology.

Wikis
Basically I understood it as an interactive online free encyclopaedia, able to be updated for authoritative people.
I use it a lot as a handy resource for any difficult concept on my way. Beside that I wasn’t really aware of the dimension of Wikis.
Duringthe Learning 2 exercises the whole concept of Wikis website became more clear for me, moreover after listened and saw the explanatory video.
It is an online resource for free, which make it a powerful online tool for communication for everyone. Wikis websites are like a forum or meeting rooms, accessible from anywhere. For instance emails are tool of communication one to one or one to many but Wikis moreover offer the possibility of many to many way of communication.

About the sandbox finaly I added my blog under the Australian blogs list. So far I did add a Favourite animals page a cute photo of Goldy my fish, also I edit a new page named "Favourite flowers", my apologies because it just got one image and a modest comment but I encourage to everybody to add something .

1 comment:

kat said...

Hello Hello!!! abcd123...Yep! it's me again...
Is your Birdcage open for a question? How do I access your favorite flower- and also make a comment to it...
Any given suggestions would be greatly appreciated, whenever possible, that is.
And also I have to say that your goldfish (Goldy) is a CUTIE...
Make sure you don't overfeed it, Mmmm.
(from one animal lover to another)

Au Revoir
Your fellow feline Blogger (couldn't resist saying it).